Accountant is a highly valued individual within the Controller’s Group and plays an integral role in the day to day accounting operations of the agency. The Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and will be very much involved in the monthly reporting process. The person in this role will be responsible for preparing routine journal entries and accruals as well as detailed account analyses. This individual will also be responsible for a wide variety of functions such as Intercompany Reporting, Treasury Operations, and Fixed Assets. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to take the next step in their career as well as those interested in pursuing the CPA designation.
. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university.
. 2-3 years prior work experience in a similar role.
. Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Systems.
. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
. Detail oriented with strong problem-solving abilities.
. Strong Communication Skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
. Self Starter who is both interested and willing to take on an expanded role over time.
. Prior experience in the advertising and communications industry is preferred but not required.
. Ideal candidates will be interested in pursuing or already in pursuit of the CPA designation.
-Prepare and record journal entries and accruals.
-Perform detailed analyses of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts with the ability to identify items for accrual and investigate variances to budgets and forecasts.
-Treasury operations including wire transfers, stop payments, check voids, cash application, treasury settlements, and bank sweeps.
-Maintain ownership of the intercompany reporting process including the reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies on a routine and proactive basis.
• Works with Client Finance Department to coordinate intercompany billings in time for monthly billing deadlines.
• Involvement in monthly review and analysis of A/P, A/R, & WIP Aging and preparation of Media Payables schedule.
• Assist the controller in preparing Budgets and Quarterly Reforecasts.
• Prepares Quarterly State Sales & Use Tax Returns.
• Prepares detailed Quarterly analysis of movements in Balance Sheet Accounts for reporting to WWHQ.
• Delivers work in a timely and efficient manner helping to ensure adherence to established reporting deadlines.
• Provides support to the finance team and other internal and external parties on an as-needed basis.